It is the intent of Heshima to serve, restore, empower, and strengthen the women of Uganda, and therefore, the children in their care, and the families they represent, through education, mentorship, and job creation. We believe women are deserving of our effort, attention and respect.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We value the gospel and the person and privilege of knowing Jesus Christ as our personal saviors. And we seek to share His story for God's glory. It is Christ's strength that we rely on for transformation of the lives we seek to help.
- We value the dignity of all life, from babies in the womb to aging jjajjas (grandmothers) and widows.
- We believe every life is deserving of our effort, attention, and respect and matters to God, regardless of position in life or circumstances of birth.
- We value hard work, servanthood, prayer, God's word and sustainability.
- We value education and equal rights for oppressed women and children. We believe every person has a right to an education.
- We value family preservation, preventing orphans, and supporting women as mothers and the way they serve their families.
- We value sharing the stories of Heshima with grace and dignity to encourage others to support and engage with us and God right where they are!
- We value integrity and transparency in our role as stewards of the financial and physical resources, so as not to not detract from the overall mission of this ministry.