It is our joy to pour into women each week in Uganda. We have started with one village that our local leader was connected to and the first meeting there were over 25 women there!
It is an indigenous work, founded and led by local Ugandans, Linda and Phiona.
We are working to become a registered NGO in Uganda and already a 501(c)3 organization in the US.
It is funded entirely by generous families like you who believe in its mission.
- 48% of the Ugandan population is under the age of 15 (Source), compared to 19% of the United States, making it the third youngest population in the world.
- Life expectancy is only 58.5 years (source)
- 84% of the population is rural (source)
- Per Capita income is $490
- 24.5% of the population is below the poverty line
- Physicians available for every 1000 people: .1. You read that right, it's a POINT 1.
Meet a few of our women:
• 24 year old single mom
• 2 children, ages 4 and 5 months
• Dedicated to learning a skill
• Wants to have a vegetable stand to support her family.
• Self-taught seamstress
• Widow; mother to 3
• Owns no land and rents one room
• Hard worker and loves learning English!
• Mother of 4 - left by husband
• Has plans to build and own a vegetable stand
• Struggles with fear, but continues to come to our discipleship events
• Is participating in our Lumuli Piggery Project
• Has 2 children and now can envision future businesses
• Want to grow and learn God's word